News Photo of the Day
Updated Mar 08, 01:45 PM
WASHINGTON - Singer Courtney Love hadn't been born and tweeting was reserved for birds when The New York Times won a landmark libel case at the Supreme Court in 1964.
But when a California jury decided recently that Love shouldn't have to pay $8 million over a troublesome tweet about her former lawyer, she became just the latest person to lean on New York Times v.
The Sullivan case, as it is known among lawyers, stemmed from Alabama officials' efforts to hamper the newspaper's coverage of civil rights protests in the South.
- All-NTC showdown set at sectionals
- Prior 'bad acts' to be allowed in Marcum murder trial
- OVC TOURNAMENT: Colonels hold off Murray, move into title game
- Girls 1A Hardwood Classic: Cashmere suffers 1st loss
- Moya's hat trick: hair, nickname and shot
- The News Tribune (Tacoma, Wash.) Dave Boling column
- BRIEF: JeffCo Baseball Tournament: Hueytown 3, Corner 1
- CULLMAN COUNTY BASEBALL TOURNEY: Hanceville whoops Good Hope 11-0, Warriors win two to grab spot in title game
- Trojans beat Russell County in region opener, face Bowling Green Monday
- Local Roundup: Harbor's Bryan Battisto advances to second day at CIF State Wrestling Championship
|National News||World News||Health News||Entertainment|
|Business & Finance||Technology||Sports||General Interest|
Information provided by YellowBrix, Inc.
Wind: 6 MPH S
|Information provided by YellowBrix, Inc.|